News & Events
News & Events
News & Events
News & Events
SSVP Shop Celebrates Turning 2!
We want to thank you for your amazing support these past two years with an exciting line-up of offers and activities!
Starting with our Anniversary Sale now on with 30% off all apparel till 30 September. Are you an SSVP Shop Fan? Show us your best buy at the Shop for a chance to win $50 SSVP Shop vouchers. Contest ends 10 Sept.
With the support of our wonderful donors, we will also be presenting a specially curated online auction series every weekend from 11 Sept. Unique and one-of-a-kind items will be showcased and the catalogue will be dropped at the beginning of each week on our social media platforms.
Net proceeds from the Shop go towards SSVP’s charitable cause with programmes and services that support over 3,300 low-income and disadvantaged beneficiaries in Singapore, regardless of race, religion or nationality.
Check Out the Latest SSVP News May 2021
Read all about the latest happenings at SSVP!
- A Home to Call Our Own – SSVP helps single mother and her daughter escape abuse from family member, gets them a rental flat and furnishes it into a home
- SSVP Ltd – SSVP Ltd. gets IPC status & An Angel Get An Angel – Milk & Diaper Programme Beneficiary
- SSVP in Action – Nationwide Carepack Distribution, Sacred Heart’s Operation Christmas Drop, Holy Family’s Christmas Bakes Project & SLDM touches hearts during Advent
- Youths Ignited – Holy Cross Confirmands Raise $12,316 for SSVP, Vincentian Youths Engagement 2021 & Young sisters Cook Up a Fundraiser
- Fr Vaz’s 50th Sacerdotal Anniversary
- New at SSVP Shop
Updates @ SSVP Shop
Notice of Annual General Meeting
All these years, SSVP has been relying on donations primarily from parishioners in the 29 Catholic churches. It typically spends more than 96% of its annual funds on financial aid and programmes for the poor.
Whilst there is no shortage of case referrals to the Society, we are, regrettably, already operating at full capacity with our current funds.
Existing funds are insufficient to kickstart or expand aid and communications programmes or large-scale fundraising initiatives.
With the suspension of masses in end-February 2020, our main source of funding dried up. We expect that masses at churches are likely to remain curtailed for quite some time more and this will adversely impact our receipts.
We spend S$5.2 million a year on our poor and this includes S$330,000 per month as cash aid and S$22,000 to supply milk and diapers to FINs’ babies and toddlers.
On behalf of all whom we serve, we appeal to the kindness and generosity of our donors. We look forward to your support in any feasible way.
Our COVID-19 Response
- Amid the circuit breaker and social distancing restrictions, our members numbering 750 (called Vincentians) are working hard, by staying connected with the poor and with those families grappling with the crisis wrought by this pandemic, albeit via feasible (mainly non-physical) methods of communication.
- New responses required, between mid-April and early May 2020, saw SSVP obtaining and giving refurbished laptops to as many as 90 children of our FIN families. This has certainly brought some cheer to these parents and children, empowering them with the very means of Home-based Learning and helping them forge ahead in their academic endeavours.
- We have been tapping Internet banking mechanisms more than ever before, to ensure that each and every household, under our care and support, is not denied regular, sustained financial aid.
- SSVP Singapore has obtained the approval of the NCSS, to implement the first post-circuit breaker round of delivery – of protection and care packs – to all our FINs.
- These are trying times indeed, and many are likely to lose their jobs. Our Vincentians are, nonetheless, keeping a close watch and we will adopt every means possible to help such people in our midst.
On June 6 and 7, SSVP Volunteers and Vincentians with approval from the NCSS, made a timely distribution of care packs to almost all of its many Friends in Need (FINs). An anonymous donor initiated and sponsored, who come forth the care packs during this Covid-19 crisis. Our committed members and volunteers from 29 SSVP Conferences observed social distancing and other relevant Covid-19 guidelines, as they prepared and distributed care packs to more than 3,300 FINs across Singapore.
SSVP Care Pack Distribution June and December 2020
Agape Village’s Car park was designated as the goods central collection and distribution point. Our teams started the process a day before, on June 5, to receive the goods. They thenset out to fill each care pack bag with items that would bring a smile to the faces of our needy brothers and sisters in Christ. The packs included masks, bottles of antibacterial hand wash, cookies, muffins and vitamin C tablets. A big thank you goes out to the anonymous donor.
We also thank Cocoa Trees for the generous discount for the cookies, and Caritas and Agape Village for their support in making this event a resounding success.
A similar project was carried out on 5th December 2021 to pack and distribute a festive care pack for 2,000 FIN families, island wide.
On Sept 21, Vincentians gathered to celebrate the inauguration of SSVP House by Mr Desmond Lee, who was then Minister for Social and Family Development and Second Minister for National Development. Rev Fr Eugene Vaz, SSVP’s Spiritual Advisor blessed SSVP House (located on 501 Geylang Road) which also incorporates SSVP Shop, our first social enterprise project.
MP for Marine Parade GRC (Geylang Serai), Professor Fatimah Lateef was also present to celebrate with us and our guests. We are grateful to God for His generous blessings and pray that SSVP’s charitable mission will continue to bear fruit for the good of those we help and journey with through their challenges. SSVP’s National Council President Florence Tan (extreme right) is seen with Minister Lee and Rev Fr Vaz on this joyous occasion.