Scan this QR code using your banking app.
Issue cheques to:
“SSVP NC Singapore”.
Society of St Vincent de Paul
7A Lor 8, Toa Payoh
No help is too small, and every thought counts.
To help us continue the mission of supporting our 3,300 (and counting!) Friends in Need (FINs), so that we can go on making a difference, where their need is greatest, please give what you can spare.
How SSVP Differs
SSVP is different from the typical charity or social service organisation.
- SSVP is an independent lay Catholic organisation, made up mostly of volunteers (Vincentians), dedicated to serving the poor and needy regardless of race or religion;
- our island-wide network comprises 31 outreach centres including Catholic churches, with over 750 Vincentians who serve their needy beneficiaries on a mid- to long-term basis;
- we are guided in Serving with compassion and love, seeing Christ in those we serve;
- SSVP also fills the ‘gaps’ in our community which typical governmental social aid does not adequately reach;
- our charity is part of a recognised and established global network, with stringent financial processes, subject to external audits by the Registrar of Societies and Commissioner of Charities;
- our donations are largely from the Catholic community, and generally not from the wider society; our main source of donations is the second collection done on the first Sunday of the month in Catholic churches;
- we hardly receive any financial support from government institutions or external agencies; and
- typically, ninety-six cents of every dollar raised go directly towards helping our FINs and households/families in need, our foremost priority.